Winnie May Nursing Scholarship 2022
Sponsored by the Dr May and Laura Buchanan May
of the Bundaberg Health Services Foundation
PROSPECTUS AND CONDITIONS OF AWARD
1.0 GENERAL INFORMATION The Bundaberg Health Services Foundation in honour of Dr T H May and Laura Buchanan May have formed the research and training Sub- Foundation, which as part of its charter is to supplement funds for the provision of training to staff at Bundaberg Hospital. In this ongoing commitment for staff training, the Winnie May Nursing Scholarship has been established. The Scholarship, for a sum of up to six thousand dollars, will be offered this year for nursing staff at the Registered Nursing, Enrolled Nursing and CNC level who are currently employed in the Bundaberg Base Hospital and who are required to remain in the employment of the Wide Bay Health Service District for two (2) years after completion of the Scholarship. The award is to be utilised for up to a two-year period for further studies at a recognised Australian tertiary institution, TAFE or recognised professional nursing organisation course to attain additional qualifications in a clinical nursing speciality.
2.0 TENURE The Scholarship will be open to all permanent nursing staff at Bundaberg Base Hospital whose appropriate studies are likely to be completed during the two-year tenure of the scholarship. The successful recipient will be expected to take up the scholarship studies by June 2022 or January 2023 if they haven’t already undertaken study (payments only from early 2022 enrolments but not prior to the 01/01/22).
3.0 PURPOSE The purpose of the Scholarship is to encourage Registered, Enrolled Nurses and CNC to continue their professional development through an accredited nursing related course either on a full-time or part-time basis. The Foundation wishes to support an applicant who is working directly with clients and whose work and clinical knowledge base will be enhanced to provide the clients of Bundaberg Hospital optimal nursing care within a clinical speciality.
- THE AWARD
The Scholarship will contribute substantially towards the tuition, books and charges related to appropriate continual professional nursing studies.
- The selection committee’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into with applicants.
- The Bundaberg Health Services Foundation reserves the right to not present a Scholarship if, in their judgement, the applicants do not meet the criteria.
- The Scholarship is personal to the awardees and cannot therefore either be transferred to another, or cashed in, in the event of inability to continue the training for any reason.
- All applicants will be advised in writing of the outcome of their application.
- Successful applicants offered a Scholarship, will receive a scholarship offer package by post which includes:
- a letter of offer
- terms and obligations of the Scholarship
- an acceptance offer form – to be signed and returned to the Bundaberg Health Services Foundation Manager to demonstrate agreement with the terms and obligations of the Scholarship.
- The successful applicant will be required to notify the Manager of the Bundaberg Health Services Foundation in writing, and within fourteen (14) days, of any variation to the Continuing Professional Development program for which funding has been awarded.
- The successful applicant will be required to participate in promotional material or media opportunities to raise awareness about the Winnie May Nursing Scholarship and attend the Winnie May Nursing Scholarship Presentation.
- Payment will be made directly to the successful applicant on documented evidence from the relevant institution of enrolment and costs involved. Funding will not be provided for: – overseas study, purchase of equipment (e.g., computers or software), loss of income or wages, internet fees or phone calls and no retrospective payments will be made
- The award will be up to two years and is subject to the scholar’s satisfactory progress. The successful applicant will be expected to submit a copy of their semester results for the duration of the Scholarship to the Manager of the Bundaberg Health Services Foundation. They will also be required to remain in the employment of the Wide Bay Health Service District for two (2) years after completion of the Scholarship.
5.0 SELECTION The scholarship will be awarded on merit by a selection committee appointed by the Bundaberg Health Services Foundation to the person who best meets the qualifications and criteria set out below:
- Certified evidence of being a Registered Nurse or an Enrolled Nurse.
- Certified evidence of being an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Certified evidence of being a permanent Employee in the Wide Bay Health Service District.
- Provision of an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Two professional referees.
- Evidence of relevant professional development activities over the past five years that demonstrate their commitment to their own professional development.
- Proposed continuing professional development program including start and completion date.
- Demonstrated relationship between the proposed Continuing Professional Development Program and the current area of clinical practice, which will benefit clients with the Sunshine Coast/Wide Bay Health Service District.
- Proposed budget for the Continuing Professional Development Program including registration or course fees, travel (i.e., real costs of fuel/fares), accommodation (excluding meals) and textbooks.
6.0 TERMINATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP The Bundaberg Health Services Foundation may terminate a Scholarship if:
- The study is not being carried out with competence and diligence; or if satisfactory progress is not being made; or if required reporting on the studies is not occurring.
- The applicant causes the study or the studies to continue past the two-year time frame.
- The applicant terminates their employment with Wide Bay Health Service District.
Upon the termination, monies already paid to the successful applicant not duly expended or committed shall be retained. APPLICATION Please forward your completed application to: The Manager Bundaberg Health Services Foundation PO Box 588 Bundaberg Qld 4670 or Email: email@example.com Applications can also be hand delivered to the Foundation office in the old nurses building opposite Infection Control. If you require further information or assistance, please contact the Foundation Manager on 4150 2863 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org APPLICATIONS MUST ARRIVE BEFORE 3pm 29th April 2022
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Winnie May Nursing Scholarship
Sponsored by the Dr May and Laura Buchanan May Sub-Foundation
of the Bundaberg Health Services Foundation
Email home __________________________________________________
Email work __________________________________________________ Phone__________________ mobile ______________________________
Please answer the following questions and attach.
- Please outline the study you intend to undertake and demonstrate the relationship between the proposed study and the current area of clinical practice which will benefit patients within the Wide Bay Hospital and Health.
- Provide details of the start and completion date and university or institution.
- Outline your relevant professional development activities over the past five years that demonstrates your commitment to your own professional development.
- Outline how you propose to spend the scholarship funds. Examples of eligible cost includes registration or course fees, travel (i.e., real costs of fuel/fares), accommodation (excluding meals) and textbooks.
Please attach the following documents Provision of an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae. Letter of support from your current line manager
Signature of Applicant Date